hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject [HttpCore] example of a reverse HTTP proxy based on HttpCore NIO
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 21:34:01 GMT
Folks,

I developed a sample application demonstrating how HttpCore NIO can be
used to put together a simple reverse HTTP proxy, which nonetheless can
handle an arbitrary number of simultaneous connections with as little as
two I/O threads.

This reverse proxy combines asynchronous, event-driven I/O model with a
low, nearly constant memory footprint. Connections allocate I/O buffers
only once at the initialization time and do not require any additional
memory regardless of the content length being transferred. Such
architecture can potentially be very scalable and resilient to out of
memory conditions at the same time.

Source code can be found here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/httpcomponents/httpcore/trunk/module-nio/src/examples/org/apache/http/examples/nio/NHttpReverseProxy.java

As always, code reviews, comments, ideas or critique will be greatly
appreciated.

Oleg