hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject [HttpCore] HTTP parameters was Re: [HttpConn] test coverage
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 15:38:16 GMT
On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 17:23 +0200, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> > Test coverage above 75% is pretty decent. Could you please hold off
> > major refactoring in TSCCM until the post-ALPHA1 time frame, though?
>
> Depending on your speed, it may be post-ALPHA2 :-)
> There are two API changes I'd like to bring into
> the next release of core and client:
>
> - HttpRoute et al: proxy chains
> - HttpParams.setDefaults: get rid of (subject to review)

Hhm. That would quite a major change. If we do away with ability to
chain HTTP parameter objects into hierarchies, we may as well do away
with HttpParams interface altogether and simply use plan-old java beans
for configuration. Anyways, let's discuss it. Parameter hierarchies were
really necessary for HttpClient 3.x, they appear less useful for the new
API.

Cheers

Oleg