hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject [HttpComponents] artifact Ids (Jakarta no more)
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 11:48:13 GMT
Folks

Presently all HttpCore artifacts contain a reference to jakarta in their
architect ids

jakarta-httpcore
jakarta-httpcore-nio
jakarta-httpcore-niossl

Given the uncertainty surrounding the future of Jakarta I would like
jakarta prefix dropped from all HttpComponents artifact ids (and from
pom.xml altogether). This can potentially ease the transition of the
project to another TLP (be it Web Services or a new TLP).

Any objections to that? Do we need a formal vote?

Evil Comrade Oleg (more evil than usual)

PS:

I also cannot help thinking we should reconsider our stance on going
TLP. The 'situation' with Jakarta is getting truly grotesque