hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject [HttpClient] HttpClient 4.0 progress report (post 3)
Date Sat, 19 May 2007 17:45:01 GMT
Folks

I completed the port of redirect handling and authentication code from
Commons HttpClient 3.x codeline to the new API. I am not entirely happy
with the quality of code yet, so additional code review / quality
assurance would be quite welcome. Anyways, as far as I can tell
HttpClient 4.0 is pretty much ready for the first ALPHA release. Even
what we have in SVN trunk right now is head and shoulders above in the
terms of code and API quality than HttpClient 3.x.

The next big is mavenization of the HttpClient 4.0 build process.

Roland, this will require changes to the directory layout and likely to
break your shiny new local build scripts. It is going to be painful but
this needs to be done. I regret not having done so much earlier. Can you
live with that? What time would be most convenient / least disruptive
for you?

Oleg