hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FW: HttpClient authentication problem.
Date Sat, 19 May 2007 16:36:09 GMT
On Sat, 2007-05-19 at 15:45 +0200, Roland Weber wrote:
> Ortwin Gl├╝ck wrote:
> >
> > Roland Weber wrote:
> >> The closest thing is jCIFS
> >> which has support for LMv2, a subset of NTLMv2. But they are
> >> GPL-licensed and not compatible with the Apache License.
> >
> > Just to be precise, JCIFS is LGLP, not GPL.
>
> Thanks, I don't know why I mixed that up. The FAQ is correct.
>
> > And LGPL is compatible under
> > certain circumstances. We have had this dicussion many times before.
>
> Yes, and whenever Oleg mentioned it recently, he talked
> about setting up a separate project outside of Apache.
>
> cheers,
>   Roland

Odi, Roland

I am aware we no can make limited use of LGPL licensed cope provided
several conditions are met [1]. I still find them too restrictive, so I
tend to think we might be better off hosting JCIFS dependent code
outside ASF altogether.

Oleg

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta/Using_LGPL'd_code