hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] HttpClient 4.0 progress report
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 15:30:48 GMT
On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 20:36 +0200, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi Oleg,

> Any idea yet of how to deal with CONNECT requests? Those are meant
> for the proxy, not for the actual target host. I'm not sure how to
> avoid for example adding cookies to them without cluttering the
> interceptors with HTTP method checks. But we'll have a few alphas
> to sort this out.

Hi Roland

I think the simplest approach is to not run CONNECT methods through the
standard HTTP protocol interceptors. CONNECT methods require
authentication support, but this cannot be implemented using protocol
interceptors anyways and is likely to require an authentication handler
of a sort. I am sure there should be a way to use the same
authentication handler to authenticate both 'regular' and CONNECT
requests.

What do you think?

Oleg