hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject [HttpClient] Request wrapper vs request copy ; was Re: svn commit: r535512
Date Sun, 06 May 2007 11:30:06 GMT
On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 11:45 +0200, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> > retry the request execution in case of an I/O failure without
> > re-running HTTP protocol interceptors on the failed request
>
> I like this approach. It avoids the undoing of modifications,
> for which I had planned request wrappers. It also seems to
> narrow down the scope of retry handling. For example retrying
> with a different proxy is out of scope since that could affect
> the preparation of the request (I guess).
>
> cheers,
>   Roland

Hi Roland

We may still need to introduce request wrappers in order to be able to
discard all request headers generated by the protocol interceptors when
dealing with request redirects, for instance. As an alternative to that
we may also think about creating a complete copy of the original request
if it gets redirected to a new location. However, there can be other
cases where we may want to discard auto-generated request headers
without changing any other properties of the request such as request
URI.

Oleg