hc-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Handling content-transfer-encoding encoding and multipart requests with httpcomponents
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2007 19:45:58 GMT

Hi,  Roland,

Roland Weber-3 wrote:

> I'd have a look at commons-fileupload and javax.mail. Obviously
> commons-fileupload doesn't work for you.

it may surprise you that I currently am the single active developer of
commons-fileupload. My thinking was, that multipart parsing and stuff like
that is a generic issue and should be decoupled from file uploads.
HttpComponents still seems to me to be the logical place where to look for
such things, at least at a conceptual level.

Javax.mail might be an alternative. Indeed, Geronimo is even providing an
implementation within the ASF. Can anyone advice me, whether MIME encoding
within emails and in HTTP messages can be mapped 1:1?

Thanks,

Jochen