hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] 4.0 release planning was Re: [HttpClient et al] tidbits
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2007 17:53:52 GMT
Hi Oleg,

> I will try to prepare the Alpha1 release of the new code line as a port
> of HttpClient to the new API based on HttpCore sans NTLM, Cookie2 and
> multipart POST support. All major refactoring should take place in the
> post Alpha1 time frame after we have received some early feedback on the
> first public release of HttpClient 4.0

I agree in general, but I already started some major refactoring with
the DefaultClientRequestDirector. Please be gentle on that one ;-)
I hope that I marked with comments all plug-in points for the code I
did not move over. The refactoring was necessary since the logic for
building routes is now partially in HttpConn rather than the director.
That way, the logic should be accessible to NIO and/or Dispatch, too.

cheers,
  Roland