hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: [HttpConn] another status update
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2007 19:05:15 GMT
Hi Oleg,

I don't have time for a thorough review, but I had a glimpse.
Looks good to me. If it works (which I assume :-), throw out
the TalkativeSocket stuff and close HTTPCLIENT-497.

One thing though: I hate classes that don't appear in the
default JavaDocs. How about making the Wire class public?
It's in an impl package, that should be enough to tell people
that it is not part of the API.

At one point in time, we have to review all logging classes
and preferably change the static Log objects to non-static.
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Logging/StaticLog
But there's plenty of static ones in the connection classes
I ported, too. So we better do that in one go when we feel
that the code is becoming stable, rather than piece by piece
while we port individual classes.

cheers,
  Roland