hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: HttpComponents and the coming end of Jakarta
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 07:08:31 GMT
Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

> (1) Attempt to go TLP and risk the possibility of never becoming viable
> as a TLP.

> engineering to hit us.
>
> (3) Seek a new home elsewhere within ASF. Curiously enough our largest
> and the most active user base within ASF appears to be the Webservices
> TLP, not Jakarta.
>
> (4) Pretend nothing is happening and hope this whole hooplah will fade
> away the same way Jakarta Silk did.
>
> (5) Pull the plug. Do something else like raising pigeons or something.

Maybe start some informal talks about 3 while intensely pursuing 4?
The Synapse folks were seriously considering to roll their own HTTP
implementation before choosing use, so I feel that webservices might
be a good home if they are comfortable with it. But every kind of move
means more work that does not benefit the code base, that's why I
would try to delay it as long as possible.

cheers,
  Roland