hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HttpComponents and the coming end of Jakarta
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 19:57:21 GMT

> So, to me seeking a political refuge in Web Services does
> look like a much better deal than the suggested alternatives.

Another alternative that Justin Erenkrantz just suggested (he's in
favour of Http going TLP), is for Serf to join HttpComponents at TLP.
Serf's an external project with 5 committers
(http://code.google.com/p/serf/) that originally came to the ASF in
the failed commons.apache.org and then left again.

> I personally just want to be left alone so I could concentrate on what I
> came to ASF for: hacking code that other people find useful.

Yeah, increasingly I'm about having fun (Quartz + JIRA plugins, sadly
neither at the ASF), than in hassling people.

Hen