hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] 4.0 release planning was Re: [HttpClient et al] tidbits
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2007 17:56:41 GMT
On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 19:53 +0200, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> > I will try to prepare the Alpha1 release of the new code line as a port
> > of HttpClient to the new API based on HttpCore sans NTLM, Cookie2 and
> > multipart POST support. All major refactoring should take place in the
> > post Alpha1 time frame after we have received some early feedback on the
> > first public release of HttpClient 4.0
>
> I agree in general, but I already started some major refactoring with
> the DefaultClientRequestDirector. Please be gentle on that one ;-)
> I hope that I marked with comments all plug-in points for the code I
> did not move over. The refactoring was necessary since the logic for
> building routes is now partially in HttpConn rather than the director.
> That way, the logic should be accessible to NIO and/or Dispatch, too.

Roland,

I would be more than happy to step back and let you complete the
refactoring you have started already, if you think you can find time for
it in a more or less reasonable timeframe (say this Summer season). I
_really_, _really_, _really_ want to be less involved in the active
development of HttpClient

Cheers

Oleg