hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HttpComponents and the coming end of Jakarta
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2007 09:52:39 GMT
On Sat, 2007-04-07 at 11:31 +0200, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi Oleg, all,
>
> > quite probable that Jakarta Commons will become a TLP in the very near
> > future
>
> How would that affect Commons HttpClient 3.x? I guess they'll
> leave that one in Jakarta, right?
>
> > which implies it is just a matter of time the remaining projects
> > of Jakarta will be forced to choose whether they want to go TLP or to
> > die.
>
> If we're forced out of Jakarta, how would that affect Commons HttpClient?
> I guess we'd leave that one in Jakarta to die, right?
>
> morbid cheers,
>   Roland

Hi Roland,

I have no idea what these guys are thinking. Anyways, I think we should
stick to the original plan: we support Commons HttpClient 3.x line until
Jakarta HttpClient (scuzme I meant to say Apache HttpClient) goes RC1,
then Commons HttpClient goes into dormancy.

We should ask this question to Henri, though

Oleg