hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject [HttpCore] tasks blocking HttpCore API freeze
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 19:29:47 GMT
Folks,

Here is the list of my ideas in a random order of what needs to be done
for the next release of HttpCore

(1) Reverse proxy sample based on HttpCore NIO. This is needed to make
sure we the NIO API is fully adequate for such a job.

(2) HTTPCORE-63. I hope Anders can see this one to a logical conclusion.
Otherwise I'll take it over.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCORE-63

(3) HTTPCORE-64. We have lots of places where HttpParams and HttpContext
are being used. We need to make sure the use of these interfaces is
consistent across the entire HttpCore
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCORE-64

(4) HTTPCORE-43. This feature is expected to improve performance of file
bound operations and does not seem like a lot of work
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCORE-43

(5) HTTPCORE-48. I think this one can be dealt with during the BETA
development phase. Does not seem to entail any API changes. Nice to have
but not a must. I am going to target it for BETA-1 if hear no
objections
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCORE-48

(6) HTTPCORE-21. Something I personally could live without
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCORE-21

(7) I would like to decouple the HTTP message parsing code from HTTP
connection objects. Not sure this is doable / worth the trouble.

(8) Provide test coverage for ThrottlingHttpServiceHandler. Develop its
client side counterpart.

As far as I can tell these tasks need to be tackled before we can
consider freezing the API and moving to the BETA development phase.

Have I missed anything? Thoughts?

Oleg