hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Load testing HTTP 1.1 and SSL
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 20:43:19 GMT
<head>
</head>
Hi Oleg<br>
I used the HttpCore port of the benchmark and for actual dynamic SOAP
benchmarking its actually faster than Apache Bench for me. The ability
to use chunking and SSL is great.. and I have enhanced your code to
support concurrency like with ab.<br>
For static html GETs ab did around 6600tps (over localhost to my same
machine for tomcat) while the benchmark did around 3900 - but just from
within the IDE without any optimizations or tuning. But for real world
SOAP calls for which I am interested, the actual tps by the backend
server was much lower and hence there is no visible difference for me
between the clients, but HttpCore benchmark is still faster as I can
now use keepalives with chunking :-)<br>
I will test this next week over real network connections and multiple
physical machines.. but I am seeing great results already :-) I will
also share the modifications I have done and would definitely recommend
this to anyone who ever looked at JMeter or expensive http/s load
testing tools<br>
regards<br>
asankha<br>
Asankha C. Perera wrote:
Hi Oleg / Odi<br>
Thanks for the quick responses.. The c't code doesn't seem to support
POST outright, though it seems like a small enhancement. But since its
C I am assuming it to be fast.<br>
I am very interested in the code Oleg shared - as its Java - I can
extend and work with it more easily :-) and I am hoping JDK 1.5 would
optimize it to C code levels when used for a benchmark.. I will let you
know my results and outcome<br>
thanks<br>
asankha<br>