hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <...@odi.ch>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.0 ALPHA4 release
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:32:55 GMT
*,

I think this project is healthy because it has a large community. Yes,
Oleg is doing a great job and is writing most of the code. Clearly the
project would not advance as fast if he wasn't there. But given the
great community interest there are enough people out there who could and
would step in when Oleg resigns eventually. I see many projects craving
for HttpComponents and the new HttpClient. So if the project comes to a
stall this may be the trigger for a developer to get his hands dirty in
HttpComponents code (not that the code was dirty, no pun intended).

Ortwin

PS Oleg, look out of your window. Isn't this wonderful snow very
tempting? I can hardly concentrate on codign today. Let's go for a ride
to Laax on the weekend!