hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.0 ALPHA4 release
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:00:18 GMT
Hi Oleg, all,

> I suggest that we take this as an opportunity to improve our
> compliance with the Jakarta wide release guidelines by holding a vote on
> a release package, not a SVN revision, and re-run the vote.
>
> Folks, what do you think?

This project has been running on the edge for years now.
Even my occasional involvement in some parts of the code
did not stop it from effectively being a one man show.
If Oleg for some reason is not there to push it, it's not
moving forward.
The NIO code has attracted some attention recently, which
is promising. But even if that continues, it will take
some years to "grow" new PMCs out of our sub-community.

I think re-voting on the actual release packages is the
way to go. But I also think we should take those votes to
general@, now and in the future. Discuss new releases
informally here, tag the code, build and review... then
vote on general@, where basically all the PMCs are.

cheers,
  Roland