hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Core 4.0 ALPHA4 release
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 10:06:11 GMT
> On 3/22/07, Roland Weber <http-async@dubioso.net> wrote:
> > Hi Oleg, all,
> >
> > I think re-voting on the actual release packages is the
> > way to go. But I also think we should take those votes to
> > general@, now and in the future. Discuss new releases
> > informally here, tag the code, build and review... then
> > vote on general@, where basically all the PMCs are.

Only just noticed this part of the thread.

AIUI, yes, formal release votes must be on the general list so that
all the PMC members will see them.

But having a preliminary discussion/vote on this list seems to me to
have been very useful too, especially as this is a new package.
Probably still needed in future releases, but likely to be shorter...

S.