hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0-alpha4 Released
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:41:50 GMT
The Jakarta HttpComponents project is pleased to announce the
release of HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0-alpha4. This version fixes a
number of bugs and adds a number of improvements to HttpCore base and
the HttpCore NIO extensions. It also introduces NIOSSL extensions that
can be used to extend HttpCore non-blocking transport components with
the ability to transparently encrypt data in transit using SSL/TLS
protocol.

Download -
<http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_httpcomponents-httpcore.cgi>
Release notes -
<http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES.txt>
HttpComponents site - <http://jakarta.apache.org/httpcomponents/>

About HttpComponents Core -
The HttpCore components implement the most fundamental aspects of the
HTTP protocol. They are nonetheless sufficient to develop basic client
side and server side HTTP services with a minimal footprint and no
external dependencies. HttpCore NIO extensions can be used to build
asynchronous HTTP services based on non-blocking I/O model capable of
handling a great number of simultaneous connections with just a few I/O
threads.
HttpCore will form the foundation of the future releases of Jakarta
HttpClient.