hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem on creating web proxy based on ElementalHTTP Server
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 10:35:33 GMT
On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 09:59 +0200, Mehmet Özer METİN wrote:
> Thanks a lot Oleg, that resolves my problem. Sorry to bother you.
>
> I want to ask one more question, is my approach a right way to implement a
> header/content filtering-altering web proxy? Or could you suggest a more
> elegant way to handle this depending on Http Components?
>
> Thanks again.

Mehmet,

The problem with this approach is that you always create a new
connection per each incoming request. This is horribly inefficient and
such architecture will simply fail to scale beyond a handful of
concurrent users. Ideally your web proxy should reuse (keep alive)
incoming and outgoing connections as much as possible. You may also
consider implementing a custom version of HttpService which is more
suited for a web proxy.

Hope this helps

Oleg