hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Bindul Bhowmik" <bindulbhow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HttpClient 3.1 (final) release?
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:25:06 GMT
On 2/14/07, Michael Becke <mbecke@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm fine with an RC release.  I will also take a look at this issue.
>
> Mike
>
> On 2/14/07, Roland Weber <http-async@dubioso.net> wrote:
> > Hi OLeg,
> >
> > > It looks like we have something we should look into before new release
> > > is cut
> > >
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-633
> > >
> > > 3.1-RC1 maybe?
> >
> > Yes and yes.
> >
> > If Mike doesn't find time to look into the issue,
> > I'll dig into it this week-end.
> >
> > cheers,
> >   Roland

All,

An email on the user thread[1][2] got me thinking. Would it be worth
to add the <code>shutdown()</code> method to the HttpConnectionManager
interface? Two of the three implementations of the interface already
support the shutdown method.

If there is consensus on implementing this, I could provide a patch
(and a JIRA issue) for this.

I understand that this might break compatibility for applications
which have implemented their own connection managers. So, if the
method is introduced, is it worth getting into 3.1 or should it be
deffered until 4.0?

Regards,
Bindul

[1]: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-httpclient-user/200702.mbox/%3c8a6db32b0702151052o217da5bfr1ffdf8e93ec2a732@mail.gmail.com%3e