hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Bindul Bhowmik" <bindulbhow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HttpCore] API vs. Implementation
Date Sat, 03 Feb 2007 06:18:30 GMT
Hi Roland / Oleg,

On 2/2/07, Roland Weber <http-async@dubioso.net> wrote:
> Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
>
> > Here's my take. No impl classes in public methods (and hence
> > interfaces). I do not see a problem with using impl class internally if
> > they never get exposed to the consumer.
>
> There goes my idea of compiling the API classes separately
> to detect dependencies on impl.

It is not required to actually compile the classes separately. Tools
like Classycle[1] or JDepend[2] could be used.

> Using anything internally does not match with my understanding
> of an Application Programming _Interface_, but since it seems
> I'm the only one who doesn't like it, let's leave it as it is.

[Non-binding thought]: I actually like to stick to the idea of having
API and interfaces should be separate from implementation classes. I
like to think that if APIs need to depend on implementations, then the
APIs probably need to be expanded.

> cheers,
>   Roland

Regards,