hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Julius Davies" <juliusdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HttpConn][HttpClient] status update
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 22:26:13 GMT
ps.  One of my systems completely stopped working after being ignored
for a couple of months recently.  When I finally got the thread
dump....   I'd forgotten to call releaseConnection()!

I've been following this mailing list for 2 years now!  You'd think
I'd know better.

That's why I'm such a big fan of ditching releaseConnection() in
favour in InputStream.close().  I write code that opens and closes a
stream at least once a day.  I write code that uses HttpClient maybe
once every 6 months.

--
yours,

Julius Davies