hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Julius Davies" <juliusdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HttpConn][HttpClient] status update
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 14:25:20 GMT
Ditching releaseConnection() in favour of InputStream.close()???

+1 +1 +1 !!!

By "AutoClose", I guess you mean that it will close itself if the EOF
is read?  That makes sense.

On this note (things that annoy end-users)...  I think
MultiThreadedConnectionManager should become the default connection
manager.  If someone really knows what they're doing and doesn't want
MTCM, they will have the ability to turn it off.  But if someone
doesn't know what they're doing, MTCM is much better for them.  My
personal "numbers" would be "max 30 connections", and "max 30
connections per host" (not sure if that's how it still works).

yours,

Julius

yours,

Julius Davies