hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject JavaDocs and RFC
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 19:25:11 GMT
Hi Oleg,

there are a few places where our JavaDocs include more or less
verbatim quotes from RFCs, including context free grammars. I
don't think that's a good idea. For one there is the copyright
question. But I've also seen some quotes from obsolete RFCs
in code that probably hasn't changed much since HC 2.0.
If a particular piece of code refers to a specific part of an
RFC, we should give a short description of the purpose and
reference the RFC down to the section, but not copy the text
of the RFC into the JavaDocs. www.rfc.net has nice formatted
versions of RFCs where we can even hyperlink to sections.

What do you think?

cheers,
  Roland