hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: [HttpConn][HttpClient] status update
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 17:14:02 GMT
Hi Oleg,

> Just got the first cut at NIO SSL working on both the client and the
> server side. With the b**ch of NIO SSL almost off my back I would like
> to spend a few more days working on the outstanding HttpCore issues and
> then turn my attention to HttpConn and HttpAuth. I'll do my best to
> review the recent changes in HttpClient and give you some feedback by
> the next week.

Great.

> Feel free to go ahead and remove all deprecated classes if they are no
> longer of any use. The fewer classes to review the better.

I'd like to keep the ported versions of the two connection managers
for some time, until we've got test cases for the replacements. Actually,
there is not even a replacement yet for SimpleHttpConnectionManager. The
related interfaces and ported connection classes are required to keep the
stuff compiling. However, all 5 interfaces and classes are @deprecated
and not referenced from anywhere outside. You can safely ignore them for
the review.

cheers,
  Roland