hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: [HttpCore] Java5 module?
Date Sat, 03 Feb 2007 18:54:51 GMT
Hi Oleg,

> How do you feel about having a Java5 specific module in HttpCore?

How do you feel about a new component HttpUtils? (the name is up
for discussion) It could host a bunch of modules with additional
dependencies or prerequisites, like Java5, Spring, XmlBeans, Felix
(I'm pondering too much) or whatever.

If we continue to add more modules with more dependencies to
HttpCore, I'm afraid the complexity of the build environment
will get out of hand. Even now I'm not sure I would detect it
if I accidentally introduce 1.4 specific stuff to HttpCore-main.
I'd like to be able to build all of HttpCore with 1.4.

cheers,
  Roland