hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: [HttpCore] more cleanup
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 17:29:55 GMT
Hi all,

> there's two more little changes I'd like to do in HttpCore
> this week-end. Please let me know how you feel about:
>
> - declaring HttpVersion final and Serializable. That
>   would bring it on par with java.lang.Integer and
>   other stuff that might be put into HttpParams.

It's not quite as little, since BasicHttpVersion is derived
from HttpVersion. It only adds static methods, so the base
class can simply be dropped. However, we should find a better
name for the class now. HttpVersionParser?

I've had a look at HttpStatus... now I feel that could need
some cleanup too. It has a selection of static methods to
generate an instance, with many english messages and a comment:

   TODO: Internationalization of reason phrases

Can we reduce HttpStatus to just the status, again final and
maybe serializable, and move the static factory methods to a
Basic/Default/SimpleHttpStatusFactory somewhere in impl?

Me and my looks at classes... I should've learned by now :-(

cheers,
  Roland