hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HttpClient 3.1 (final) release?
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 19:36:56 GMT
On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 19:40 +0100, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> there are 10 fixes in the new 3.1 release [1]. Many of them are minor,
> others fix things that were obviously broken in older final releases
> too. I'm OK with a release, but I'm unsure whether it should be the
> final one or another beta.

Roland,

It looks like we have something we should look into before new release
is cut

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-633

3.1-RC1 maybe? RCs are used in the rest of Commons to carry a different
meaning these days. However, official RCs helped us a lot in the 2.0 and
3.0 days. When the final versions were released they turned out to be
quite stable, so I am kind of in favor of continuing this practice.

Oleg