hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: [HttpConn] Scheme
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 17:42:58 GMT
Hi Oleg,

>>> myhttps1 (some custom SSL settings) -> https
>>> myhttps2 (some other custom SSL settings) -> https
>> Where would the Scheme ID (or rather name) come into play?
>
> It is necessary when sending requests through a non-transparent proxy,
> where a full request URI is required.

I thought we were just putting the full request URL into the
request line. But that of course can't be (the only way),
because HttpClient can be used with server-relative URLs.
For those, a full URL needs to be constructed.

I never understood where that relative URL idea came from.
Should we support it in 4.0 as well, or is it one of those
strange things we'd like to get rid of? It's not hard to
implement, so this is really a question of API design.

cheers,
  Roland