hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject SocketFactory.isSecure (was: [HttpConn] time for review)
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2007 16:58:47 GMT
Hi all,

Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 20:17 +0100, Roland Weber wrote:
>
>> c) Determine socket security dynamically.
>
> Give it a shot

Done. I've stopped short of renaming SecureSocketFactory to
LayeredSocketFactory since the name is still appropriate in
most cases and I don't want to confuse users. However,
Scheme.isSecure() has changed to Scheme.isLayered().

The new connection classes are modified. The old classes are
still the same, relying on instanceof checks. It would have been
messy to hack into them, and I'll be working on replacements
anyway.

cheers,
  Roland