hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject [HttpConn] connection management
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 19:56:01 GMT
Hi folks,

I've started to collect my thoughts on connection management in the Wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/ConnectionManagementDesign
The Wiki has the advantage that I can access it even on business trips :-)

The NIO question is wide open, but not urgent. Another question
concerns NTLM authentication. Mike, maybe you can answer that?
IIRC, NTLM authentication is connection based. After the initial
challenge-response handshake, the connection must be kept open
since only requests on that connection will be authenticated.
My question is: will _all_ requests over that connection share
the authentication, or do they still require some Authentication:
or Proxy-Authentication: header? In other words, if the connection
is given back to the connection manager and subsequently re-used,
will those requests accidentally "inherit" the NTLM authentication?

cheers,
  Roland