hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NIO: epoll
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:37:24 GMT
On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 19:29 +0100, Ortwin Gl├╝ck wrote:
> Oleg,
>
> Does the stuff below sound interesting? Could it speed up the NIO
> implementation compared to blocking IO on Linux?

Odi,

I believe it when I see it. Probably it will, but every time NIO stuff
gets more efficient, Java also gets more efficient at managing threads,
so at the end of the day blocking I/O still yields better raw
throughput.

I'll start running benchmarks HttpCore vs HttpCore NIO vs AsyncWeb on a
regular basis once again after we manage to get HttpClient 4.0 ALPHA1
out the door.

Cheers

Oleg