hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Julius Davies" <juliusdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: random SSL related stuff
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 06:30:17 GMT
Hi,

I agree with Roland about #1.  A renaming of the method makes sense there.
I like the sound of "checkHostname()".

One note, though:  our HostnameVerifier interface *does* subclass
javax.net.ssl.HostnameVerifier, so that fact probably alleviates your
concerns somewhat as well.  People can use the boolean method provided if
they really want to.

I'll rename the methods as part of HTTPCLIENT-617 when I get around to that
patch.  (Is it okay to address style concerns like this in an existing bug,
or should a new bug be created?).

Thanks, Roland, for taking a look, and commenting!  I was pleased to see the
JUnit tests I created catching you (so soon after writing them!)!  :-)   I
looked at your patch for HTTPCLIENT-475 and I thought it looked really good.

yours,

Julius

1) HostnameVerifier

--