hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Julius Davies" <juliusdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: utf8 in the code/comments
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 19:36:42 GMT
Roland,

Sorry to muddy the waters.  It would be really nice if we could assume UTF-8
for everything.  HTML entities are not very readable except when using a
browser!

As part of the https hostname verification I've been working on, I've been
testing with some UTF-8 in the hostname.  I would really prefer to just
write "花子.co.jp" directly in the javadocs instead of  "&#x82b1;&
#x5b50;.co.jp".

Can we assume UTF-8 for everything, but try to stick to the 0-127 range of
UTF-8 if at all possible (to be polite)?

--
yours,

Julius Davies
416-652-0183