hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Slightly OT: Possible to set "http.protocol.single-cookie-header"?
Date Mon, 25 Dec 2006 17:17:59 GMT
On Mon, 2006-12-25 at 17:12 +0000, ohaya@cox.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I sent this earlier to the httpclients-user list, but I'm hoping that someone here can
help me.

> I'm working with an app that uses HttpClient, and I want to set the "http.protocol.single-cookie-header"
to true.  This is a COTS application, which uses an applet that uses HttpClient, so I don't
have the source to make the change.  The problem is that the applet appears to be sending
two "Cookie:" headers, and I'm hoping that setting "http.protocol.single-cookie-header" to
true will cause these to be combined into a single "Cookie:" HTTP header.

> So, I'm wondering if it's possible to set this parameter/preference, either in the Java
Control Panel/JVM startup configuration, or in some kind of properties file?

> I've tried adding "-Dhttp.protocol.single-cookie-header=true" to the Java Control Panel
parameters, but is seems like it's not taking effect, so I'm wondering if the parameter name
for the "-D" parameter needs to be something other than "http.protocol.single-cookie-header"?

> Thanks in advance!

Jim,

See my response on the httpclient-user list

Oleg