hc-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Claassen <mclaas...@ocie.net>
Subject SocketFactories
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 14:39:57 GMT
I am working with HttpClient 3.01.  I was examining the use of the
   org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.ProtocolSocketFactory
and
   org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.SecureProtocolSocketFactory.

It looks like these don't do anything but wrap the core java SocketFactory
and SSLSocketFactory in a way that is compatible with pre J2SE 1.4.  If
using J2SE 1.4 and above, they don't provide any additional functionality.
Is this accurate?

I am trying chase down some bugs with Java 6 and HttpClient and I want to
make sure I am understanding this correctly.

Thanks,
Mark