hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Glück <...@odi.ch>
Subject Re: URL Rewriting
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:57:42 GMT

Lalit Sahoo wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am developing an application using Apache HttpClient 3.0.1.
>
> I would like to know whether it supports Session tracking through URL rewriting or not?

Lalit,

URL rewriting for session tracking was invented for clients that do not
support cookies. It basically means that a HTTP server rewrites all URLs
(links) in (HTML) documents it serves to include the session ID. As
HttpClient is content agnostic (it does not expect HTML, nor does it
parse HTML) support for those URLs is up to the component that parses
the content. The only point where HttpClient comes in contact with
rewritten URLs is the Location header in redirects. HttpClient does not
modify those URLs in any way and is thus "compatible" with URL rewriting.

> Also does it support SSL Sessions?
HttpClient does not implement SSL. SSL support is handed off to the Java
Secure Sockets Extension (JSSE). All major JSSE implementations (Sun,
IBM) support SSL sessions. Please see the documentation of the JSSE
implementation of your choice.

> Regards,
> Lalit

Kind regards