hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: URL Rewriting
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:51:26 GMT
Hello Lalit,

> I am developing an application using Apache HttpClient 3.0.1.
>
> I would like to know whether it supports Session tracking through URL rewriting or not?

No it does not. Of course you can pass in URLs with a session ID,
but HttpClient does not _track_ such sessions. And I don't know
why it should either. Sessions are tracked on the server side,
because the server needs to know which requests belong to the same
session. Your application should know that without tracking.

> Also does it support SSL Sessions?

SSL sessions happen on a much lower level than HTTP sessions.
They are tracked by the JSSE you are using, not by HttpClient.

hope that helps,
  Roland