hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <...@odi.ch>
Subject Re: How to ensure socket reuse on client side?
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 10:04:44 GMT
On the HttpComponents front page it says:

"Jakarta HttpComponents project is charged with developing and
maintaining Commons HttpClient. Commons HttpClient 3 series will be
maintained until Jakarta HttpClient 4 is deemed stable enough to
supersede it for use in production."

This text is indeed not very clear. I will add some more text to the
front page to steer new users into the right direction.

Ortwin

umesh409@yahoo.com wrote:
> Yes, it does fix the problem. Thanks for the help. I remember reading that we need to
consume the entire response body (error or no error) so that connection can be used (on the
Sun side). It is confirmed here.

> As far the second question about why HttpCore than HttpClient 3.1; I guess it is about
the confusion and lack of clarity (Jakarta side does not help much too) - I am unaware which
is the latest project which will be maintained in future. My impression is it is HttpCore.
I may be wrong here. While I was waiting for a clue on HttpCore issue, I got things tested
on HttpClient 3.1 too. I can use any of these two as advised. Socket reuse is my goal (since
our application talks to lot of network devices).

> Once again thanks for the help.
>

> --
> This message was sent on behalf of umesh409@yahoo.com at openSubscriber.com
> http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org/5314835.html