hc-dev mailing list archives

From Julius Davies <juliusdav...@cucbc.com>
Subject Re: [HttpCore][HttpAsync][POLL] Java 1.5 dependency for HttpCore NIO and eventually HttpAsync?
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:46:27 GMT
Oh, whoops - I see that the backport has a different package name:

http://dcl.mathcs.emory.edu/util/backport-util-concurrent/doc/api/

But at least there's still hope for someone if they're desparate enough.
So I'm still +1.

yours,

Julius

On Fri, 2006-29-09 at 11:34 -0700, Julius Davies wrote:
> +1
>
> Maybe once a month check and see if the code works with Java 1.4 + this?
>
> http://dcl.mathcs.emory.edu/util/backport-util-concurrent/
>
> And it's Public Domain!!!
>

> yours,
>
> Julius
>

> On Fri, 2006-29-09 at 20:16 +0200, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I have been quietly working on the NIO based client in HttpCore NIO and
> > kind of missed java.util.concurrent primitives a lot in the process of
> > it.
> >
> > How would everyone feel about possibility of using Java 1.5 for HttpCore
> > NIO (and possibly HttpAsync as it would also benefit greatly from using
> > java.util.concurrent code instead of home brewed sync primitives)?
> >
> > Oleg

Julius Davies
Senior Application Developer, Technology Services
Credit Union Central of British Columbia
http://www.cucbc.com/
Tel: 416-652-0183
Cel: 647-232-7571

1441 Creekside Drive