hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r434476
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 20:29:23 GMT
Hi Oleg,

> In this particular case, though, I think declaring an interface method
> public does not bring anything. All methods in an interface are public
> and public only. Is there a particular reason you want methods in this
> interface explicitly declared public? I find interfaces without public
> declarations a _little_ more readable than with.

I don't like to have two different ways of declaring method signatures,
and having to decide which one is appropriate. In this particular case,
I copied and pasted the signature from the interface into the class in
which I wanted to implement it, and it was wrong because of the missing
"public" declaration which I had to substitute. It is quite common for
me to paste signatures from interfaces into implementation classes. But
since you are the lead developer, I'll refrain from adding "public" to
(non-async) interfaces in the future. The new connection interfaces I
am currently prototyping will have the public declaration, though.

> BTW, many thanks for cleaning up Javadocs. I, for one, owe you a lot for
> doing it.

You're welcome.

cheers,
  Roland