hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <...@odi.ch>
Subject Re: commons-ssl - corporate CLA sent via courier
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 07:23:25 GMT
Julius is referring to the following earlier post:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-httpclient-dev/200605.mbox/%3c1146702335.4891.83.camel@apple.ca%3e

I see no problem with the BouncyCastle license. We can include the
library. As discussed earlier we can put the code into a separate
subproject of HttpComponents.

Julius, would you be so kind to notify us when the CLA has presumably
reached Apache, so we can ask confirmation from the secretary? Thanks.

Odi

Julius Davies wrote:
> Sorry to httpclient-dev about the long delay on this.  I went on a 3 week vacation shortly
after my original email and just got too busy after that.

> I have a new feature in "commons-ssl" since I last wrote:
>
> - Works with Java 1.3 + JSSE
>
> I also am very close to supporting standard "Apache" style ssleay format RSA keys, encrypted
or plain PKCS-1.  These are the same keys you create by following this FAQ:

> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ssl/ssl_faq.html#selfcert
>
> I have some experimental code (not uploaded yet) that can handle the following types
(with help from BouncyCastle's ASN parsing):

> #1. RSA key - not encrypted!
> -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
> MIICXgIBAAKBgQDiLwhut8clGGkLoGq86u+IMh8HE5YSwmWgC6QqlyBXcBrlK87p
> [....]
>
> #2. RSA key - encrypted!

really tightly coupled to HTTPClient - CRL checking is going to be mostly supported through
HTTPClient!  So I'm wondering if maybe it should all just be part of "httpclient.jar".

> If I do create a commons-ssl sub-project in the incubator, I'm wondering if Oleg or Sebb
or anyone else here would like to join.  Oleg - I'm especially indebted to you.  Your httpclient-contrib
examples were very very helpful to me and CUCBC these past two years.  I've been using your
"Auth" example in production for at least 1.5 years now.