hc-dev mailing list archives

From Julius Davies <juliusdav...@cucbc.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r434476
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 20:49:41 GMT
+1 to Oleg, because it shows excellent knowledge of Java language, and
is certainly a little more readable, especially with those long method
names that go beyond 80 columns.

+1 to Roland, though, because when I implement the interface, I have
weird habits and I always just "copy & paste" from the interface, and
then I get annoyed that I have to remember to add the "public" in my
concrete class.

I guess I'm not really helping much here.  :-p

On Thu, 2006-24-08 at 21:53 +0200, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 19:27 +0000, rolandw@apache.org wrote:
> > -    void close() throws IOException;
> > +    public void close() throws IOException;
>
> Roland,
>
> I have a pretty bizarre and verbose coding style and therefore do not
> try to impose a consistent coding guidelines onto my fellow committers.
> In this particular case, though, I think declaring an interface method
> public does not bring anything. All methods in an interface are public
> and public only. Is there a particular reason you want methods in this
> interface explicitly declared public? I find interfaces without public
> declarations a _little_ more readable than with.
>
> BTW, many thanks for cleaning up Javadocs. I, for one, owe you a lot for
> doing it.
>
> Evil Comrade Oleg

Julius Davies
Senior Application Developer, Technology Services
Credit Union Central of British Columbia
http://www.cucbc.com/
Tel: 604-730-6385
Cel: 604-868-7571
Fax: 604-737-5910