hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r434476
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:53:52 GMT
On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 19:27 +0000, rolandw@apache.org wrote:
> -    void close() throws IOException;
> +    public void close() throws IOException;

Roland,

I have a pretty bizarre and verbose coding style and therefore do not
try to impose a consistent coding guidelines onto my fellow committers.
In this particular case, though, I think declaring an interface method
public does not bring anything. All methods in an interface are public
and public only. Is there a particular reason you want methods in this
interface explicitly declared public? I find interfaces without public
declarations a _little_ more readable than with.

BTW, many thanks for cleaning up Javadocs. I, for one, owe you a lot for
doing it.

Evil Comrade Oleg