hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HttpComponents] build-common.xml
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 16:40:12 GMT
On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 15:04 +0100, sebb wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I am a big fan of Ant 1.6 feature that enables multiple modules to share
> > common build tasks. This makes build files of individual modules much
> > cleaner and less prone to errors. Unfortunately this poses a problem
> > preventing us from including Ant build files into the source
> > distribution of HttpComponents modules, as build files are dependent on
> > a specific location of build-common.xml in the file system.
>
> Can't one use relative path names here?

The path is actually relative:
<import file="../project/build-common.xml"/>

The trouble is it points at the 'project' directly which available only
if one checks it out from SVN. This is not a big deal for those who work
with SVN, but may pose a problem for those who just get a source package
off the download page.

Oleg