hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerdes, Tom" <TGer...@OldRepublicTitle.com>
Subject RE: Httpclient running a JavaScript Function
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:12:16 GMT
Which "WebServices API" would allow me to access a client or vendor's web page and automatically
upload or download data without human intervention.  In the same way that I can through Htppclient?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ortwin Gl├╝ck [mailto:odi@odi.ch]
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 9:44 AM
To: HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: Httpclient running a JavaScript Function

Tom,

HttpClient is not a browser. It is content agnostic actually. If you are
looking for a JavaScript engine you may want to check out Rhino.

However, I recommend you don't try to emulate a web browser and use a
WebServices API rather than an interface designed for humans.

Cheers

Ortwin

--
[web]  http://www.odi.ch/