hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: [HttpNIO] MINA and AsyncWeb
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 17:12:07 GMT
Hi Pete, hi Odi,

the first shot on HttpAsync will be based on blocking IO,
and I don't see that becoming obsolete because of NIO.
While I've heard all kinds of talks about NIO, I myself
have never had to do with it so far. It's been Oleg and,
to some degree, Sam Berlin who have the expertise. From
what I picked up, NIO will require a new application API.
That's a new set of entities that are read from or written
to channels instead of streams. HttpAsync in it's first
iteration really is about asynchronous (not non-blocking)
communication with the traditional stream based API.

We can start talking, and discussing how the architectures
match. But I don't expect this to go far until Oleg is back.
Peter, from what you wrote it sounds as if MINA filters
are more or less similar to HttpComponents interceptors.
Overlap is there, now we need to see how this can be
leveraged.

cheers,
  Roland