hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Berlin" <sber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HttpNIO] MINA and AsyncWeb
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 17:59:06 GMT
Hey Pete,

Like Roland mentioned, I've been planning for a while to adapt a version of
HttpAsync to be backed by NIO components.  I had taken a look at MINA, but
was likely going to use LimeWire's NIO package, since my main desire is to
incorporate the end-result into LimeWire.  HttpClient is the second-to-last
piece of I/O left in LimeWire that's still using blocking I/O.  Our NIO
library is much like MINA, supporting chained readers & writers.

HttpAsync / HttpComponents both seem very flexible, so it should be possible
to create a project that can delegate to any NIO library (so long as there's
some kind of common ground between them).

>From what I understand, the interceptors on the HttpComponents level are
more for protocol-level callbacks, such as intercepting headers, etc..
Filters on the NIO level would be for parsing raw-data, which the
HttpComponent would then parse and potentially send callbacks out to the
interceptors after parsing things such as headers.

Sam